Welcome to the website of Oceania Legal Pty Ltd (ABN 75 628 524 916) (“we”, “us” or “Oceania Legal”), a leading professional services law firm.
This website is located on the web via the domain https://www.oceanialegal.com.au and includes all of the files located in that domain (“this site”).
Legal capacity to transact
If you are under 18 years of age, you cannot place orders through this site. By using this site you represent and warrant to Oceania Legal that you are over the age of 18 years. Should Oceania Legal suffer any damage or other losses as a result of a transaction entered into by a minor, we reserve the right to seek compensation for such losses from his/her parents or guardians.
Restrictions on use
Your use of this site is subject to the rules set out in Schedule 1 below.
Without limiting any other remedies available to Oceania Legal at law or in equity, Oceania Legal reserves the right to, without notice:
- temporarily or indefinitely suspend, or terminate, your access to this site or refuse to provide products or services to you if:
- Oceania Legal is unable to verify or authenticate any information that you provide to us; or
- Oceania Legal believes that your actions may cause damage and/or legal liability to Oceania Legal, any of its customers or suppliers or any other person; and
You indemnify and hold harmless Oceania Legal and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from and against any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses or damages (including actual, special, indirect and consequential losses or damages of every kind and nature, including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) suffered or incurred by any of them due to, arising out of, or in any way related to (directly or indirectly):
- any material or information that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site;
- your use of, or connection to, this site; or
Registration and account security
Requirement for registration
Oceania Legal reserves the right to make any parts of this site accessible only to users who have registered.
Username and password
Upon registration with this site, you will be issued with a username and password to access your account. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password for this site. Oceania Legal will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with your failure to comply with this security obligation. You agree that Oceania Legal will be entitled to assume that any person using this site with your username and password is you or your authorised representative.
You must notify Oceania Legal immediately of any known or suspected unauthorised use of any password or any other breach of security.
- a valid email address;
- accurate billing and contact information (including your street address and the name and telephone number of your authorised billing contact and administrator); and
- any other information that may be required by Oceania Legal during the registration process.
You must promptly update this information to maintain its accuracy at all times.
You represent and warrant to Oceania Legal that all information provided to Oceania Legal by you, including the information provided by you through our account registration module or entered into your account profile, is true and not misleading and does not violate any applicable law or regulation or any person’s intellectual property or other rights.
Multiple accounts and automated account opening
One person may not maintain more than one account with this site. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Approval of registrations
Oceania Legal reserves the right to accept or reject any application for registration of an account with this site at its discretion.
Order constitutes offer
We will not commence processing any order made through this site unless and until:
- payment for the order has been received by us in full; and
- the order has passed our internal validation procedures, which are undertaken in order to verify the bona fides of each order for the purpose of preventing credit card and other fraud.
We reserve the right at our discretion to:
- at any time:
- refuse to provide products or services to you;
- terminate your access to this site; and/or
- remove or edit any content on this site.
Acceptance of orders
Acceptance of each order will take place if and when Oceania Legal:
- in the case of physical items, sends the requested items to you, at the time at which the items are dispatched by Oceania Legal, and title to, and risk in, the items will pass from Oceania Legal to you at that time. After the items have been sent, we will send you an email confirming that shipment has taken place;
- in the case of digital items, either:
- sends the requested items to you, at the time at which the items are sent by Oceania Legal; or
- notifies you in writing that the requested items are available for download by you, at the time at which such notification is sent by Oceania Legal, and title to, and risk in, the items will pass from Oceania Legal to you at that time; or
- in the case of services, either:
- provides the services to you, at the time at which Oceania Legal commences providing the services; or
- notifies you in writing that your order has been accepted, at the time at which such notification is sent by Oceania Legal.
Oceania Legal reserves the right to change the prices for products/services displayed in this site at any time before you place an order.
Shipping costs will depend upon the location for delivery and the items purchased and are shown separately during checkout.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all amounts payable through your use of this site are expressed to be inclusive of GST. For these purposes, the term “GST” has the meaning given to it in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
Payment for orders placed through this site may be made:
- by credit card processed online using the secure PayPal payment gateway;
- using a PayPal account; or
- via direct bank deposit by electronic funds transfer (EFT).
PayPal secure payment gateway
Unless you expressly consent otherwise, we do not see or have access to any personal information that you may provide to PayPal, other than information that is required in order to process your order and deliver your purchased items to you (eg, your name, email address and billing/postal address).
Credit and debit card payments
It is not necessary to have a PayPal account in order to make a purchase on this site. PayPal accepts all major credit and debit cards. Please note that we may be unable to accept credit cards issued by banks outside of Australia in some cases. Additional transaction fees may apply if paying by credit card, in which case the additional charges will be specified at checkout.
Payment by EFT
If you elect to pay for an order by direct deposit using EFT, after your order has been submitted, we will send you an email containing instructions for making the payment, or otherwise provide such information to you, including our bank account details and the reference number for your order. Please quote the reference number for the EFT transaction in order to avoid delays in processing your order.
Refunds and other remedies
While PayPal and our website hosting providers employ secure technology for transactions with our customers, we will not be responsible for any damages, including consequential losses (whether direct or indirect), that may be suffered by a customer whose credit or debit card or bank account information is used in a fraudulent or unauthorised manner by any person other than Oceania Legal.
Oceania Legal may request further information from you, such as a copy of your credit card and/or other identification documentation, as part of our internal validation procedures. These procedures help protect bank and credit card account holders from online fraud. Until your order has passed our internal fraud prevention checks, your order will remain on pending status. If further information is requested and you do not provide the requested information within such time as Oceania Legal considers appropriate at its discretion, your order will be cancelled and, if your payment has been received, it will be refunded back to you.
- this site;
- all of its content (including all of the text, graphics, designs, software, data, sound and video files and other information contained in this site, and the selection and arrangement thereof); and
- all software, systems and other information owned or used by Oceania Legal in connection with the products and services offered through this site (whether hosted on the same server as this site or otherwise).
All Proprietary Content is the property of Oceania Legal or its licensors (as applicable) and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. You must not reproduce, transmit, republish or prepare derivative works from any of the Proprietary Content, except as expressly authorised by these Usage Terms or with the prior written consent of Oceania Legal or other copyright owners (as applicable).
You may download and print out content from this site only for your own personal and non-commercial use and provided that you do not remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
Oceania Legal’s logo and the phrase “Oceania Legal” are trademarks of Oceania Legal. The look and feel of this site (including all button icons, scripts, custom graphics and headers) are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress of Oceania Legal. These trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used, copied or imitated, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Oceania Legal.
This site contains some features that enable you and other users to upload User Content. Oceania Legal reserves the right to display, refuse to display, remove and/or amend all or any part of any User Content at its absolute discretion. In respect of any User Content that you upload, you:
- represent and warranty to Oceania Legal that your sharing of that User Content does not infringe any copyright or other legal right of any other person; and
- grant to Oceania Legal a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform and otherwise exploit all or any part of that User Content in any way at Oceania Legal absolute discretion.
If you believe that our site contains any material that infringes upon any copyright that you hold or control, or that users are directed through a link on this site to a third-party website that you believe is infringing upon any copyright that you hold or control, you may send a notification of such alleged infringement to us in writing. Such notification should identify the works that are allegedly being infringed upon and the allegedly infringing material and give particulars of the alleged infringement.
In response to such a notification, we will give written notice of a claim of copyright infringement to the provider of the allegedly infringing material. If the provider of that material does not respond to us in writing denying the alleged infringement within 14 days after receipt of that notice, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If the provider of that material responds to us in writing denying the alleged infringement, we will, as soon as is reasonably practicable, send a copy of that response to the original notifying party. If the original notifying party does not, within a further 14 days, file an action seeking a court order against the provider of the allegedly infringing material, we may restore any removed or blocked material at our discretion. If the original notifying party files such a legal action, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material pending resolution of that legal action.
You are prohibited from using Oceania Legal’ website and the content in any way that competes with our business.
Disclaimer of warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OCEANIA LEGAL AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, LICENSORS, PARTNERS AND AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE) IN RELATION TO THIS SITE AND ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY/GUARANTEE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
This site is provided strictly on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Oceania Legal and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of this site or any of its content, and in particular do not represent, warrant or guarantee that:
- the use of this site will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data;
- this site will meet your requirements or expectations;
- anything on this site, or on any third-party website referred or linked to in this site, is reliable, accurate, complete or up-to-date;
- the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained through this site will meet any particular requirements or expectations;
- errors or defects will be corrected; or
- this site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of liability
Exclusion of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Oceania Legal and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly limit their liability for breach of any non-excludable condition or warranty/guarantee implied by virtue of any legislation to the following remedies (the choice of which is to be at Oceania Legal’ sole discretion):
- in the case of goods, to any of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
- a reference to a “person” includes an individual, a firm, a corporation, a body corporate, a partnership, an unincorporated body, an association, a government body or any other entity; and
- the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by “including”, “for example”, “in particular” or similar expressions.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Schedule 1 – Prohibited conduct
YOU MUST NOT:
- use any device, routine or software that interferes, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of this site;
- engage in any action that requires, or may require, an unreasonable or excessively large load on our infrastructure;
- use this site to decipher passwords or security encryption codes, transmit any worms, viruses or Trojan horses, transfer or store illegal, threatening or obscene material or otherwise violate the security of any computer network;
- use this site to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, to engage in any misleading or deceptive online marketing practices or for any fraudulent or malicious purposes;
- use any spider, robot or search/retrieval application or any screen scraping, data mining or similar data gathering device, process, program or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of this site;
- use this site by any automated means;
- use this site to transmit junk mail, spam or chain letters or pyramid schemes or engage in other flooding techniques or mass distribution of unsolicited email;
- use this site and its content in any way to compete with us;
- access, retrieve or index any portion of this site for use in constructing or populating any database that is searchable online or for the purpose of soliciting or sharing reviews;
- interfere with the display of any advertisements appearing on or in connection with this site;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, modify, translate, frame or reformat any of the material contained on this site;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or store any of the material appearing on this site other than for your own personal and non-commercial use;
- falsely imply that any other website is associated with this site;
- do anything that leads, or may lead, to a decrease in the value of Oceania Legal’s intellectual property rights in this site;
- use or exploit any of the material appearing on this site for, or in connection with, any business or enterprise (whether for profit or otherwise), including any business or enterprise that is in competition with this site;
- release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity or information relating to Oceania Legal without Oceania Legal’ prior written consent; or
- use this site to transmit any information or material that is, or may reasonably be considered to be:
- abusive, threatening, harassing, harmful, obscene, indecent, lewd, inflammatory, violent, vulgar, profane, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
- libellous, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarised;
- infringing upon or violating any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- in breach of any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound, whether by way of a fiduciary or contractual relationship;
- in breach of any person’s privacy or publicity rights;
- a misrepresentation of facts, including the impersonation of any person or entity or a misrepresentation of an affiliation with any person or entity (including any sponsorship or endorsement);
- in violation of any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encouraging of others to do so;
- containing any political campaigning material, advertisements or solicitations; or
- likely to bring Oceania Legal or any of its staff into disrepute.
If you have any queries, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can write to us here:
Oceania Legal Pty Ltd ABN 75 628 524 916
Level 11, 65 York Street Sydney NSW 2000